PEDN is implementing a Social and Financial literacy curriculum in 140 schools (both primary and secondary) across 7 districts (Gulu, Mbale, Masindi, Mubende, Wakiso, Kampala & Mukono) in Uganda, reaching 52,024 young people in 2019.
PEDN and MasterCard Labs are also supporting the same schools in integrating ICT school related payments as well as in tracking learners’ performance though a system called Kupaa.
This intervention is funded by the American People through USAID Feed The Future Program, Youth Leadership in Agriculture Activity.
Aflatoun Curriculum Delivery and Kupaa.
- Youth Training
- Teachers training
- Youth Clubs
- Saving sessions
- E-bank system
- Youth Financial Enterprises
- 12,587young people were trained in Financial literacy and Life skills in 140 schools in 7 districts.
- 294 teachers trained in 140 schools in 7 districts.
- 140 youth clubs established
- A total of Ugx 3,993,300 was saved by 6545 young people in 80 saving clubs.
- 140 schools were supported with computer tablets and a schools fees payment system for efficient management of schools fees payment and other schools financial transactions.
- 109 social and financial enterprises established by young people.