SEEDS OF SUCCESS
The Private Education Development Network
PEDN offers a variety of youth programs personally tailored to train children and youth in areas of business, personal development, financial and entrepreneurial skills in an open and collaborative environment.
“To facilitate the development of young people’s creative and innovative potential by equipping them with basic entrepreneurial, financial, business, and personal development skills in an open and collaborative environment.”
To facilitate the development of young Smart Start, Aflatoun Social and Financial Education, Aflateen, Newspapers in Education, Girls Empowered to Empower, Super Savers and Young Entrepreneurs Program.
SOME OF THE KEY MILESTONES & ACHIEVEMENTS OF PEDN SINCE 2004
Since 2004 PEDN has reached key milestones in its goal of achieving its vision of empowering youth in Uganda.
Some of the key milestones include:-
- Our programs have directly reached all regions of Uganda.
- Over 300 schools (both primary and secondary) directly benefited from our school. programs.
- Over 500,000 youth reached through offering financial education, business skills, youth mentoring and entrepreneurial training for young people in schools and out of schools
- Strong networks built through the Public-Private Partnership model. PEDN is working with the government of Uganda, Private sector institutions, financial institutions, media houses such as Vision Group, other non-governmental organizations and district leaders.
- We have provided technical support to the National Curriculum Development Center (NCDC) in mainstreaming entrepreneurship education and financial literacy into the National school’s curriculum.
- Directly supported in the creating of the Financial Literacy strategy of Uganda by the Bank of Uganda.
Awards & Recognitions
- 2013 Capital Markets Authority Award in recognition for the commendable efforts towards financial literacy in Uganda.
- 2015 International Labor Organization Award in recognition for the outstanding contribution and tremendous support to the ILO Youth Entrepreneurship Facility.
- 2012 Daily Monitor NiE Award in recognition for the successful partnership under the Newspapers in Education Program.