YOUNG ENTREPRENEURS PROGRAM
With high levels of unemployment among the Ugandan population, the Young Entrepreneur’s Project (YEP) aims to alleviate this program through promoting social and financial education to youth at the lower secondary schools in Iganga and Mayuge. The project that is directly targeting 1500 youth, 500 Community members, 1000 parents aims to significantly improve the educational, financial and future prospects of the direct beneficiaries.
The project is being implemented by the Private Education Development Network (PEDN), Opportunity Bank (U) Ltd and Opportunity International- UK with the support of the local governments of Iganga and Mayuge Districts.
Access to financial services, financial education and life skills training changes behaviors and attitudes of marginalized young people, in the districts of Iganga and Mayuge in Eastern Uganda, enabling them to work towards a more sustainable and better planned future.
- Young people in grades S1 to S3 in target low-cost Secondary Schools receive youth financial education training.
- Families and communities around target schools have improved access to and knowledge of financial services.
- Young people in target schools create youth-led social action projects and small enterprises.
Districts of Operation:- Iganga & Mayuge
- 10 schools Mapped.
- 30 Stakeholders identified and oriented.
- 30 School and Community Education Champions trained on financial services.
- 1500 school youth trained on social and financial education, entrepreneurship skills and life skills.
- 500 Community members oriented and engaged in the School Community Program.
- Social & Financial Education for youth in school.
- Financial inclusion for community members.
- Parent sensitization.
- Entrepreneurship skills development.
- Teacher training under child centered teaching methodologies.